Tuesday 29 March 2011

Spring Preperation

First of all, does anyone know where the sun has gone? It was such lovely weather last week. By this I mean mildly warm and sunny, the way people were dressed (topless boys and strap-topped girls) you would think it was 30 odd degrees outside! Here in Staffordshire we seem to have regressed back to the wintry winds and bitter temperatures of January. I was just starting to get into the mood for spring and planning my new wardrobe when Pow back to Winter we go! Speaking of Spring wardrobes, My darling friend Emily has just written a lovely piece on her blog about S/S fashion which you can read here.
I’m just aching to dig out my sandals but before this can happen, I must carry out my annual ritual of preparing my feet. After all, they’ve been hidden beneath layers of socks, tights and boots over the winter months. This ritual allows me to indulge my feet with lotions and potions ready for their unveiling to the public. Of course I shall need an on trend nail colour to crown them with and I think a lovely coral shade such as Barry M’s ‘Peach Melba’ will be perfect.
'Peach Melba' by Barry M - £2.99

I have managed to break free from the mundane cycle of the 9-5 this Friday. I plan to spend it drinking coffee in various coffee-selling establishments and having a good old rummage through the haberdashery. I have so many ideas for items of jewellery floating about in my head and I need to get them into physical form. I bought myself a little sketch pad so that I could jot down ideas as and when I have them. It makes me feel like a student again, carrying around note pads and sketch pads.

In other news, I treated my fellow motorists to a cracking rendition of Lady Gaga ‘Born this way’ today. I like to think it brightened their days.


1 comment: