Monday 23 May 2011

A Shopping Rampage

Recently I have been on somewhat of a shopping rampage, buying up beauty and hair products like they’re going out of fashion. So I thought I’d give you an insight into my collection and let you know what I think of some of them.
Some of the products that I have bought recently have been on my wish list for months, some I have bought simply because other bloggers have recommended them. I’m such a floozy for a good review.

One of the first products I bought was the ‘Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish kit’. Everyone in the blogging world seems to be raving about this cleanser and for that reason I’ve wanted to try it out for a long time. I haven’t used it yet but am very excited to start.


Next on my hit list was ‘She Laq’ by Benefit, another product that I have wanted for a long time. I wear gel eyeliner on my lids, pretty much everyday. I also use an eyebrow pencil everyday. Although both my eyeliner and eyebrows tend to stay put, I would feel much better knowing that they were protected by something. My only fear with this product was that once applied, it may look wet/crispy (No one needs crispy eyebrows). So I asked the very helpful Benefit girl if my fears were justified. She explained that, as long as I didn’t put it over layers and layers of eye shadow that it shouldn’t go ‘crunchy’. She also showed me that by mixing a little bit of the product with ANY powder eye shadow, it would form liquid eyeliner! A really handy tip that I shall be trying (I’ll let you know how it works out).


I then ventured into Superdrug with the intention of browsing the shampoo aisle. Browsing however did not satisfy me and I came away with 4 things.
I feel the first thing doesn’t count as it’s a staple in my hair collection and I had run out, which is why I bought ‘Batiste Blush’. I love the smell of this particular Batiste and it’s definitely my favourite one.
The next product I picked up was a detangling spray from the Superdrug kids range for just 99p. Anyone who knows me will understand my need for this product. I have long hair with lots of layers, it’s full of peroxide and has half a can of hairspray emptied onto it on a daily basis. Because of this the ends are in terrible condition, it tangles and knots far too easily and is such a pain to brush through. I’m hoping that by using a detangling spray, the experience of brushing my hair won’t be so unpleasant.

The next 2 products were inspired by Zoe whose blog you can read here. I purchased The ‘Volumising Mousse’ and the ‘Firm Hold Hairspray’ from the ‘James Brown Scandalous’ range. Originally I only planned on getting the mousse but this range is on offer in Superdrug at the moment AND I am running out of hairspray so I thought, what the hell, lets get both!



First impressions? The packaging is gorgeous but I’m undecided on the smell. It smells almost like cupcakes but I do find it a little bit overpowering at times, especially with the amount of hairspray that I use! That said I have used the hairspray everyday since I bought it. I have tried quite a few hairsprays on the market and this one is quite possibly the best. I’ve also used the mousse a couple of times and it is fantastic for volume if applied to damp hair and blow dried!

If you want a detailed review of the Liz Earle Cleanser and the James Brown Range then I’ve left some links below to some of my favourite bloggers who have done just that. I feel like there is no need for yet another review on the same products and these girls can say it far better than me.

For James Brown Scandalous range:

For Liz Earle Cleanser:


1 comment:

  1. Bubs! I am so going to try the mousse, at the mo I'm using Tony and Guy boost it mousse but not happy with how sticky it makes my hair, no matter how little I use. I shall also try your batiste as I need to cut down on shampooing :)

    Love the blog as always

    ReplyDelete